Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Baby Adelaide!



Okay - I went overboard - but what mother wouldn't on her daughter's first birthday? The Wonder Pets' sign was hung, the presents all arranged below, cupcakes fresh in the fridge- I was ready!!!!! Addie woke up as if on cue at exactly her birthday time - 6:44 a.m.!!!! Unfortunately Addie had no clue what was going on and she was in a very cranky mood all day. But I guess what they say is true - the first birthday is really for the parents. We played with her new presents in the morning and then joined her birthday mate, Henry, and his mommy for a playdate at the Museum of Life and Science. Then when Daddy came home we went out to dinner and Addie enjoyed her birthday cupcake. I had a blast and I am sure that one day she will enjoy the 500 or so pictures that I took of this momentous event. The funny thing is that I was so emotional over this turning 1 thing and now that it is over - I feel like I can breath a sign of relief because for the next year, she's just ONE!!! No more taking weekly pictures or making sure that I capture every little "first" or hurrying to write everything down in her baby book. I feel like I can now sit back and watch my little baby grow into a toddler without a camera or video in my hand at all times. We made it to one - it was a wonderful year and I couldn't imagine our lives without our little bundle. She is the apple of our eye and the perfect combination of the two of us. This year went by so quickly and if I could have made a wish on her birthday candle - it would be to slow the next few years down a little :) Happy Birthday little Addie - thank you for bringing us so much joy and happiness.

No comments:

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS