Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pregnancy Update


29 weeks this week! I was just thinking about the complete differences between my 2 pregnancies. Of course with Addie I thought the 9 months went by sooo slow. I kept track of each week and what was happening in my belly, completely avoided all caffeine and "bad" products, and was waaayyy over-prepared with the buying of clothes, crib items, etc. I worked during the day and then at night - lived on the sofa, pampering myself and pouring over baby magazines and "What to Expect". I felt very connected with Addie and knew all of her little hiccups and moves inside my belly. I could tell you the exact week that I felt something new that she was doing. Her name was chosen about 5 years before she was even conceived!I also had so many GI symptoms the whole way through and my cravings were cold fruit and Sour Patch Kids. Yum!

With THIS little one - it's completely different. This pregnancy has whizzed by because I haven't really been keeping track of it. Which is the complete opposite of what I intended - but nonetheless having a one year old at home doesn't leave time for much nostalgic pregnancy moments. No baby book has been purchased yet (Addie's was 1/2 complete months before she was born!), I just bought clothes at the consignment shop last week, and he doesn't even have a name or place to sleep yet!!!! I drink a cup of coffee and 1 coke each day and sometimes indulge in a glass of wine at dinner. My cravings are meat and comfort foods. I have gained much less with this pregnancy because I am so active with Addie and picking her up alone is 26 lbs each time!!! The only symptom I really had was back and hip pain for the first trimester. And I feel completely unprepared - yet completely prepared for this baby - if that makes sense. Maybe I realize that everything is going to be okay and that you don't need all of those things at home to take care of a baby. I spent 26 hours in labor with Addie, so this time around it has to be shorter and less painful - right??? :) And that baby book will eventually get written in, a name will be chosen, and that cute little bundle will be in my arms in about 10 weeks. Right now my main focus is on my first little baby and making sure that I spend as much time with her as possible while it's just "us".

No comments:

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS