Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Decorating for Christmas!!!


I was soooo excited to decorate this year. First of all - we have the BEST house for it. Open space, old Victorian home - LOVE IT!!!!! I have always enjoyed this time of year, but even more so now that I have children. Addie really GETS Christmas this year - Santa, the elves, the reindeer, etc. I am so excited for her I can hardly contain myself! I thought she would be all about putting up the tree and hanging up ornaments - but she really could have cared less :) I think she was more involved last year when she was 18 months!!!! Once the Christmas stuffed animals came out that made noise - she and Harrison literally went NUTS - and there BJ and I were stuck with putting all the ornaments on the tree. The kids really did seem to have a great time that night, though. We hung the stockings and then introduced our new elf from "Elf on the Shelf". Addie named it "Zoe" to give it it's magical powers to fly to the North Pole each night and report on her "naughty/nice" behavior. And that means that mommy/daddy have to put Zoe in a different spot of the house every morning for 25 days straight!!!!! We also have a Mickey Mouse countdown calendar where Addie moves the present each day. Ahhh - tis' the season!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS