Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Eve with the Yurcisins





This year BJ and I were unable to go home - flying at 35 weeks pregnant with a toddler was not something that I thought was relaxing or enjoyable. As much as I missed my family - it was nice to not travel and stay in my PJ's all weekend :) I also got to experience a traditional Slovak Christmas Eve dinner with BJ's extended family on the Yurcisin side. His grandfather Basil was from a huge family and every year all the brothers and sisters and their families meet in Roebling at the Legion for traditional Slovak food and Christmas songs. It was nice this year because we got to see BJ's cousin Ben and his new wife - and we got to introduce Addie to a whole new set of relatives. I got stuffed on peirogies and Addie had dancing to the songs and playing with Uncle Nick's walker :)

No comments:

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS